Training required in order to coach:
Coaches are required to complete the following:
- The following Coaching Association of Canada’s National Coaching Certification Program workshops:
- Make Ethical Decisions Coaches will be fully equipped to handle ethical situations with confidence and surety. MED is a requirement for the FUNdamentals coaching workshop through to the A Licence workshop
- Making Head Way You will be fully equipped to handle ethical situations with confidence and surety. MED is a requirement for the FUNdamentals coaching workshop through to the A Licence workshop
- Emergency Action Plan The NCCP Emergency Action Plan Module prepares coaches to respond calmly, quickly, and effectively if a sport participant is seriously injured during practice or competition
- Respect in Sport online training to educate you to recognise, understand, and respond to issues of bullying, abuse, harassment and discrimination HOW DO I RE-CERTIFY?
Coaches and Team Personnel whose certification has expired will or may already have received an email notification from RiS notifying them of the expiry. If you are not sure or didn't receive an email notification we recommend that you login to your RiS account by visiting click here
Coaches and Team Personnel who are currently active and have not yet completed their RiS Training need to be aware that they are not eligible to be involved with any team until they complete their RiS. Subject to fines and discipline, Member Organizations are responsible to suspend participation of coaches or team personnel until they complete RiS.
It is encouraged that individual coaches 'transfer' their Respect in Sport Training into the NCCP Transcript at the time of re-certification, for easier record-keeping.
In addition to your training, you must include the requirements of the Responsible Coaching Movement:
Following training are required by Saskatchewan Soccer and mandatory for all coaches and team personnel:
For larger view of Coaching Standards click here.